There are so many complex routines and steps in today’s world of sophisticated skincare that it is simple to feel overwhelmed. Skin trends come and go, but if there is one staple product you should never be without, it is the one and only “moisturizer.” Whatever your skin type is – oily, dry, or acne-prone – you must moisturize your skin on a daily basis to keep it looking healthy and glowing.
Some of the advantages of using a moisturizer on a daily basis:
- Prevents skin from drying out:
Whether it’s cold or hot outside, constant exposure to harsh winds, heat, chemicals, climate changes, and washing or bathing can cause your skin to dry out and become dull. Using the right moisturizer for your skin can aid in the formation of a protective barrier that protects it from environmental damage, harmful UV rays, and pollution. It maintains the health of your skin cells and makes your skin appear plump and nourished.
- Encourages faster cell turnover:
Another reason moisturizing is important is that it promotes better skin cell function and faster cell turnover. Skin cell turnover refers to the shedding of dry and dead skin cells from our skin’s uppermost layer, which is then replaced by healthy new skin. Increased cell turnover can help with a variety of skin issues, such as acne, wrinkles, and fine lines. It promotes healthy, youthful skin that is free of dark spots, blemishes, and pigmentation.
- Reduces inflammation symptoms:
For those with sensitive or extremely itchy skin, using a skin soothing moisturiser containing natural ingredients such as chamomile, aloe vera, and glycerin can help reduce inflammation, itching, and dryness.
- Keeps your skin clear of blemishes:
People with acne-prone, oily skin should use an oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturiser. When your skin is dry or irritated, it can aggravate acne and make scars and spots more visible. Most acne treatment products dry out your skin, necessitating the use of hydrating yet non-greasy formula moisturisers.
- It can aid in the fight against ageing:
Moisturizers contain ingredients that hydrate the skin and make it appear plump and healthy. The inclusion of these hydrating ingredients may help delay the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while also keeping the skin barrier moisturized.
How to use a Moisturizer:
- To begin, now that you understand the benefits of moisturising, you should learn more about when and how to use moisturiser. You may believe that you can simply apply any lotion to your face and reap the benefits, but this is not the case. You should only use a moisturiser designed specifically for the face. There are moisturisers available for both men and women, with different formulas.
- It is recommended that you moisturise at the same time every day, such as after you shower or shave, in order to develop the habit. Because your skin is still damp, this is an excellent time to apply moisturiser. This moisture will aid in the absorption of the lotion.
- Before applying moisturiser, thoroughly cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser. You do not want anything too abrasive. Apply the moisturiser gently and in upward strokes while your face is still slightly damp. This allows the moisturiser to enter the pores where it belongs. Your skin will absorb the moisturiser almost immediately, and it will be completely absorbed within five to ten minutes.
- Most people can use over-the-counter moisturisers, but make sure to choose one that is appropriate for their skin type. For example, if you have oily skin, do not purchase a moisturiser for dry skin. By using the right moisturiser on a daily basis, you will undoubtedly see significant benefits over time.
Contact Specialists in Dermatology today to schedule a skincare consultation with the most trusted PARTHA Skin and Hair Clinic.
Here is the Moisturizer available for Dry skin at Partha Dental Skin & Hair Clinic:
Hydra-fortifying Moisturizer for Dry Skin Type with Niacinamide
Pacomoist D Moisturizer is an ultra-moisturizing formula enriched with Ceramides and Hyaluronic acid that wipes off dryness by reviving the damaged skin barrier and restoring its function to preserve moisture. The natural extracts provide additional hydration and soothe the parched dry skin while Allantoin and Bisabolol improve skin resilience. It pampers the dry skin and makes it soft & supple.
Moisturizer for Oily skin at Partha Dental Skin & Hair Clinic:
Ultra Reviving Moisturizer FOR OILY SKIN TYPE with Niacinamide
Pacomoist O Moisturizer is a unique moisturizer filled with actives that provide adequate moisture without clogging the pores and leaving the skin oily. Niacinamide and botanical extracts help combat acne breakouts by regulating sebum production and also minimizes pore size. Salicylic acid and glycolic acid refine the skin with their gentle exfoliation and uncover bright, moisturized skin.