What is Skin PRP?
Skin PRP is a facial rejuvenation treatment that stimulates collagen production by using the patient's blood. This procedure aids in the removal of fine lines, wrinkles, and folds. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy employs concentrated plasma containing 3 to 5 times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood. Furthermore, it contains various growth factors and other bioactive proteins that aid in skin rejuvenation.
Skin PRP is minimally invasive, has no risk of an allergic reaction, and can be used to treat nearly any area of the body without risk of side effects, making it ideal for patients who do not want or are not good candidates for injectable fillers.
Younger Looking Skin
How does Skin PRP work?
- Platelets are body cells that help tissues heal and regenerate. Doctors will inject your platelets into specific areas of your skin. Following that, collagen production and tissue regeneration increase. As a result, the skin smoothes and tightens. PRP reduces wrinkles and improves skin texture and tone, resulting in smoother, clearer, and younger-looking skin.
- Non-surgical, minimally invasive procedure.
- Because PRP is the patient's own blood, there is no risk of allergic reactions.
- The effects are visible within a few weeks and can last for up to two years.
- It can be used to treat almost any part of the body without risk of side effects.
- Results in skin improvements that are natural-looking and subtle.
- Ideal for patients who not good candidates for injectable fillers or botox.
- Blood is collected in a tube from the patient's arm and put into a centrifuge machine (a machine that spins rapidly to separate fluids of different densities)
- After about 15 minutes in the centrifuge, your blood will have separated into three layers:
- Platelet-poor plasma
- Platelet-rich plasma
- Red blood cells
- The platelet-rich plasma is drawn up into a syringe and then injected into the targeted area.
- Use sunscreen to protect your skin and apply a moisturizer to keep it hydrated.
- Swelling is possible. Allow enough time between two consecutive sessions to allow for healing.
- For at least 7-20 days after treatment, avoid taking any other pills or drugs without a prescription.