Invisible Aligners are a type of clear orthodontic appliances that correct your smile, without the need for messy wires. Aligners are custom made for each patient starting off with a digital scan of your teeth and transferring the scans onto the digital memory trays.
These are better than braces, as invisible braces are almost undetectable and can be taken off, which is useful when eating or snacking. You won't get stuck with sticky food anymore, so relax! Simply take out your invisible braces, chew food, brush and floss your teeth, and then put them back on.
Every couple of weeks, you'll get new clear braces. Together, each tray helps to gradually improve your smile.
- Patient will first consult with an orthodontist.
- A treatment plan will be decided upon during the initial appointment, and bite impressions will also be taken.
- Your bite impressions will be used to create personalized aligners using 3D imaging technology.
- Twelve to forty-eight aligners will be created for you to straighten your teeth, depending on your specific needs.
- Your Invisible aligners will be worn after your initial session. Except when you eat, drink, or brush your teeth, invisible aligners are worn all the time.
- Two weeks are spent wearing each tray. Your orthodontist or dentists will likely check in with you every six weeks to make sure your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Around twelve to eighteen months are required for the entire Invisible aligners treatment process. Some patients may finish their therapy sooner.
What materials are used for invisible aligners?
Plastic or a substance referred to as "polyurethane resin" is used to make invisible aligners. They are high molecular weight medical grade plastic.
Advantages of invisible aligners:
- Aligners are more comfortable than braces as they are custom made.
- Since clear aligners are almost invisible, most people won't even realize you're undergoing treatment while you wear them.
- As invisible aligners are removable, it is easier to maintain your dental health throughout treatment and keep your teeth clean.
- You might see results as early as the first month of therapy with invisible braces.
- Using your invisible aligners, you may whiten your teeth and prevent them from grinding at sleep or when participating in sports (such as weightlifting and mountain riding).
- The appointments to the dentist are usually simpler and, in certain situations, can even be fewer overall because the tooth movement is pre-planned by your orthodontist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both conventional braces and Invisible aligners are effective in moving teeth into a straighter position.
It is advised to wear your invisible braces for 20 to 22 hours each day. Your treatment time will probably be prolonged if you decide to wear the aligners for a shorter period of time.