Transform Your Smile with veneers
- Cosmetic dentistry is used by people for a variety of reasons. The main reason is to improve the overall appearance. Dental veneers in India, particularly porcelain veneers, are well-known for their high aesthetic value and ability to improve an individual’s appearance. They can improve the appearance of multiple teeth at the same time.
- Porcelain veneers are thin shell-like structure that matches the color of the natural teeth. They are attached to the front surface of the teeth, resulting in a stunning smile.
- Dental Veneers can provide “instant orthodontics” in some cases, restoring chips, stains, and even discolored teeth. Tooth length and size can be adjusted, and rotated teeth can be made to appear straight. While it may appear to be a lengthy process, the transition from one smile to another is often less time-consuming than you might think.
Veneers – Procedure:
- Meticulous planning and attention to the design of your smile are essential for an acceptable veneer outcome. Your dentist will use models, photographs, and digital X-rays to create an ideal blueprint for your case.
- Your dentist will consider your suggestions and incorporate them into your specific case. Color, shape, and other subtle factors are important in the overall plan.
- Once your case design is finalized, you should only need two appointments to receive a fabulous new smile.
- The teeth are precisely prepared in some areas during the first visit to allow space for a lab technician to sculpt the porcelain. Your dentist provides all of the information required by the lab to create your personal masterpiece.
- Your dentist will make temporary acrylic restorations that look like veneers. These temporaries, which are worn for 2-3 weeks, provide a preview of the expected appearance of your upcoming smile and allow you to provide more input regarding the final product of your new smile.
- After fully customized craftwork in the lab, you’ll return for a highly anticipated appointment. Your dentist will place each veneer and evaluate its appearance and fit, allowing you to preview the new version of your smile.
- A series of precise steps solidify the veneers onto the fronts of your teeth, creating a compelling link between the tooth and porcelain material.
- Minor changes to your bite and a final polish will result in a flawless finish.
Is it better to get dental veneers or dental crowns?
Typically, dental veneers cover the frontal or facial surface of the tooth. There is a lot less tooth trimming and filing down with the handpiece. That is to say when a dental veneer is used instead of a dental crown, more teeth are usually preserved.
Dental crowns are the standard treatment for broken-down teeth that require structural support. More tooth structures must be prepped or filed down in order to achieve the proper shape for the dental crown to be placed on the tooth. Dental crowns are typically placed on back molars to withstand chewing forces.
Benefits of Veneers:
- Corrects minor defects:
Dental veneers can easily correct minor cosmetic issues that are visible while speaking or smiling. Porcelain veneers can easily treat small chips or cracks, minor alignment issues, crooked teeth, stained teeth, and discolorations. Veneers are the best treatment option for minor gaps between two teeth.
- Provides a natural appearance:
Because of their natural appearance, they are the first treatment option. They are so similar to natural teeth that it is difficult to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth.
- The procedure with minimal invasiveness:
To make room for the veneers, a very small amount of enamel is removed from the tooth surface. Because there is no need to remove much tooth structure, this procedure is minimally invasive. As very little enamel is removed, the procedure usually does not require anesthesia.
- Stain-resistant and durable:
The porcelain veneers are incredibly long-lasting. They are stain-resistant, but keep in mind that they are not stain-proof. Food and beverages that stain can have an effect on the color. However, it is easily treated by practicing good oral hygiene. Proper care can extend the life of veneers for a long time.
- Easy to Maintain:
Dental veneers do not require any special care. Regular brushing and flossing are sufficient to maintain them. This helps to keep the veneer pearly white for a long time.
All of these factors combine to make porcelain veneers an excellent choice for patients looking to improve their smile and overall appearance.