We usually associate braces with adolescents or teenagers, but that is no longer the case. As more adults seek orthodontic treatment, adult braces are becoming more common.
Whether you want to straighten your teeth with or without braces for cosmetic or functional reasons, there are more options for those who want to straighten their teeth with or without braces thanks to advancements in the orthodontic field.
Is it possible to be “too old for braces”?
- No, it is not possible to be too old for braces. Although getting braces as an adolescent or teen is easier, that doesn’t mean adults can’t have fantastic results after getting braces.
- Straightening your teeth has no age limit. If you want a healthier, straighter smile, you can get it regardless of your age.
The top four reasons for getting tooth braces as an adult
- You will have a healthier mouth.
- Because braces necessitate additional cleaning and care, your overall dental hygiene will improve (as long as your actually follow your cleaning routine).
- When your teeth are straight, they are also easier to clean.
- There will be fewer nooks and crannies for plaque and bacteria to accumulate in, lowering your risk of cavities, tooth decay, and other issues.
- When you use braces to straighten your teeth, you also alleviate other common health problems that have been linked to orthodontic issues, such as
- Digestion issues
- Jaw pain
- Sleep apnea
If you want a healthier, straighter smile, you can get it regardless of your age.
- Feel good and look good.
- When you have crooked teeth or a problem with your smile, you tend to be shy when speaking or smiling.
- These are classic signs of insecurity; straightening your teeth can help you feel more confident in yourself.
- “When you feel good, you look good,” as the old aged saying. Having a confident and happy smile will make you feel more secure and confident in yourself.
- Treatment Alternatives
- When children and adolescents get braces, their parents make the majority of the decisions, but as an adult, you have complete control over all aspects of your orthodontic treatment.
- There are a variety of options for those who want more control over their aesthetic and treatment time, with advancements in treatment options ranging from metal braces to Invisalign to lingual braces and more.
Among your orthodontic treatment options are:
- Braces made of metal
- Ceramic braces or clear braces?
- Lingual braces, also known as Damon braces
- Self-ligating Braces
- clear aligners or Invisalign
Bracelets made of metal
These are the traditional braces. When most people hear the word braces, they envision this. Metal braces are typically made of high-quality stainless steel, including brackets and wires.
Metal braces are one of the most visible options because they are applied to the front of the teeth.
Ceramic or clear braces
These braces are virtually identical to metal braces. They are the same size and function as metal brackets, with the only difference being their appearance.
Clear or ceramic braces use tooth or enamel-colored brackets instead of stainless steel to help the braces blend in.
Lingual braces are made of the same materials as traditional braces. They are frequently made of stainless steel, just like metal braces, but the main distinction with lingual braces is where the braces are placed.
Instead of being attached to the front of the teeth, lingual braces are attached to the back. Lingual braces are considered hidden braces because they are nearly invisible to others, but they are an excellent choice for those who have severe orthodontic cases.
Self-ligating braces connect the archwires with a slide mechanism rather than elastics, so they move with the natural movement of your teeth rather than having to be tightened by your orthodontist.
Self-ligating braces resemble metal braces in appearance and are also made of stainless steel. They work a little faster than traditional braces because the teeth can move on their own without needing to be adjusted.
- Save money
- Braces assist in the resolution of orthodontic issues and, when combined with proper dental hygiene, reduce your chances of cavities, gum disease, costly procedures such as tooth extraction, and the need for future prosthetics.
- Certain orthodontic issues, such as misaligned bites, can cause your teeth to wear down.
- This wear can cause chipping, cracking, and even total loss, costing you more in the long run. It’s easy to see how investing in braces could save you money in the long run.
Get your new smile right away!
Schedule an appointment with our doctors at Partha Dental today. We can help you achieve better oral and overall health with Dental braces.
THE FOLLOWING EMI OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE:
You can get the best dental treatments at reasonable prices, from root canals to dental implants and basic oral hygiene. You can now pay for your treatment in convenient monthly installments (EMI).