Corona Virus – and Infection control at the Dentist’s Clinic !
As your dentist, we at Partha really care about your safety and work hard to prevent the spread of infection in any way. Before you enter the examining room, all surfaces, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and counter tops, have been cleaned and disinfected and wiped clean with Spirit .
At Partha dental , we also may cover some equipment with protective covers, which are replaced after each patient leaves like chair covers etc.
Non-disposable items like the dental tools are cleaned and sterilized between patients.
Disposable dental tools and needles are never reused.
Infection control precautions also require all dental staff in our Clinics, who are involved in patient care to use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns and eye wear when needed. After each patient, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away. Before seeing the next patient, everyone on the treatment team washes their hands and put on a new pair of gloves.
Your well-being is important to your dentist and dental staff. That’s why infection control procedures are in place at our dental offices across Andhra, Telangana and Karnataka!
What about the new coronavirus?
With so many news stories, it’s understandable to be concerned about the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Please know that the precautions we as your dentist already take every day , will help prevent the spread of infection in his or her dental practice also helps prevent the spread of COVID-19 in general.
Remember ———If you are ill with flu-like symptoms, you should reschedule your appointment immediately and inform our Clinic.
5. Apart from that , we also are screening patients for travel and signs and symptoms of infection when they update their medical history with us, in our dental clinic and Skin, Hair , Laser Clinics!
6. Taking temperature readings as part of the routine assessment of patients before performing dental procedures.
7. Making sure the personal protective equipment they use is appropriate for the procedures being performed.
8. Using a “rubber dam “ when appropriate to decrease possible exposure to infectious agents.
9. Autoclaving handpieces after each patient.
10. Having patients rinse with a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution before each appointment.
11. Cleaning and disinfecting public areas frequently, including door handles, chairs and bathrooms.
We at Partha expect our patients to arrive on time for their appointments rather than too early; removing reading materials, toys etc touched by others and scheduling appointments in such a way , that it minimizes contact with other patients in the waiting room so as to prevent the spread of Corona virus through exposure!
12. As of now , we are asking questions to screen patients for the corona virus disease when confirming appointments or they arrive for treatment could include if they have traveled abroad in the last 14 days or been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with or is under investigation for COVID-19 and if they have a cough, fever or shortness of breath.
As Dentists we encourage patients who answer yes to these questions to contact their primary physician as soon as possible to find out if they should be seen or tested.
If undertaking any dental treatment through our dentists at Partha Clinics, you can be absolutely sure that all the necessary and appropriate precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 have been taken and our being taken everyday .
It is a fast spreading flu like virus and good hygiene practices are the only way to safeguard ourselves against thus pandemic .
Safety is surety !