An RCT Is needed when a large cavity damages the tooth, the root becomes infected or inflamed. Root canal treatment is the process of removing the inflamed, decayed, diseased and infected root/pulp and healing the tooth.
Why is root canal treatment needed for your kids ?
Root canal treatment is important because, it is the best way to save your child’s tooth from getting extracted.
It is necessary to prevent Deep traumatic dental injury and infection spreading to the other teeth as well.
Avoiding root canal treatment can cause further pain and damage and tooth loss for kids!
Why to save a tooth? Why to prevent extraction of the tooth?
Majority of the population opt for extraction because of the pain, but it is not the solution. Also, extraction can cause drifting of adjacent tooth and it is a long and expensive procedure and ruin teeth alignment.
So, it is better to get your child’s root canal treatment and save their tooth.
How does a peadiatric root canal done?
During the procedure, an endodontist (who specializes in treating root canal )carefully removes the pus inside the tooth, cleans, disinfects and shapes the root canals and places a filling to seal the space.
- The dentist numbs the tooth. An opening is made through the crown of the tooth to the pulp chamber
- Special files are used to clean the infection and unhealthy pulp out of the canals.
- Then the endodontist shapes the canals for the filling material. Irrigation is used to help clean the canals and remove debris.
- the canals are filled with permanent material and the rot is stopped once and for all .
Is root canal treatment painful?
No, root canal treatment is one of the least painful treatments in child dentistry. Pain during root canal treatment is minimal when done with advanced technology equipment which we use at Partha Dental Clinics, kids won’t feel it at all !
Dos and don’ts after Root Canal of children
*Don’t eat hard, sugary, chewy, sticky foods and sweets.
*Avoid hot and cold beverages
*Take soft foods
*Drink warm water
*Maintain oral hygiene and brush well !
For more details on kids RCT !!!
Contact Partha Dental near you !
With rapid advancement in technology and super speciality doctors a wide array of aesthetic services are available to help you attain the perfect smile, including digital smile designing technology!
In addition to great results,this technology takes care to understand your expectations and make sure that any improvements to your appearance must also help in maintaining your mouth’s natural function.
The use of the digital smile design software function helps make cosmetic dentistry possible, the world over !
The key to making positive changes to your smile without drastically altering teeth and gums is open, honest communication and the expertise of our doctors.
Using digital technology the dentist can first show you the changes and once satisfied only then make any physical changes. Before any work is performed, the team of dentists will create multiple models using different media to simulate the intended goal of your custom treatment plan, in this way both patients and doctor can have a clear view of the final look !
Digital Smile Design makes it possible for the procedure you choose to match your goals precisely. By working with dentists and knowing what to expect, many of the patients report benefits such as:
- High satisfaction with their new smile
- Truly customized results – no two smile designs are exactly alike
- A natural look that complements overall appearance
- Increased confidence throughout the treatment process
- Multidisciplinary approach preserves health and hygiene
Ultimately, Advanced Smile Design gives you greater control over the outcome of your cosmetic treatment.
This technology is especially reassuring if you’re investing in a smile makeover or other procedures involving extensive work and investment!
At Partha, complete satisfaction is guaranteed!
For more info call us at our toll free numbers or visit our website !
The first dental visit of a child is full of anxiety for the parents as well as the child. It often depends on the parents, as to how they have prepared the child for the visit and whether the dental experience will be a pleasant or traumatic one .
A child is definitely not going to be comfortable in an alien environment of dental surgery. And they normally have great apprehension and fear of the unknown.
Best age to plan visit to the Dentist
The first dental visit of a child should be any time after the emergence of the first few teeth, also if you notice any black spots on teeth, you should visit a dentist immediately, it might be an emerging cavity!
Prepare your child for a visit to the dentist
Parents play an important role in preparing the child for the dentist visit. The parents by themselves being apprehensive may unknowingly instill fear in the child’s mind and resistance for treatment.
A few steps that could help are –
- Prepare the child to be comfortable in the dental surrounding, start preparing the child a couple of days prior to the appointment. At no time, the child is to be made scared of a dentist by telling the child that we’ll ask the dentist to remove your teeth etc.
- Show nice Dental cartoons or how dentists help little children ! Tell them before hand that it is nice to visit a
- Parents should speak about going to the dental appointments for themselves too and how a dentist helped them.
- Never tell “ horror Dental stories”, use only positive connotation only (both before and after each visit).
- Do not talk of the words like drilling, painful, hurt, pain, injection and needle, etc. with dentist word so kids do not correlate these two.
- One of the best ways to prepare your child is to start playing ‘Dentist-Dentist at home’, for example ‘counting of teeth’, ‘shape of teeth’, singing brushing songs while brushing teeth.
- Use words like the dentist uncle will tickle your teeth’, ‘will be painting vitamins on your teeth to make them strong, he will make them shining and sparkly etc etc ’. These small measures will definitely aid in building the confidence in the child
- Ensure that the first appointment of the child should be to let your child experience the dental office for a ‘visual inspection and a joy ride on the chair’. A good dentist generally does not start any treatment on the first visit and they like to get to know the child and befriend them. Having said all this, the dentist also plays a major role in alleviating the fear from the child’s mind.
The Dental Surgeons are specially trained to be patient friendly and use techniques so that the child feels ‘NO PAIN’ at all. In essence, the ultimate aim is to keep children absolutely comfortable, and to minimize anxiety when they visit the dental office to ensure that the traumatic experience does not create long term fear against a dental visit .
How to Choose A Kid Dentist?
A pedodontist or a “kid’s dentist” will be a better choice as he understands the problems of kids better and is well qualified in this field.
You should choose a dentist who is patient, friendly and dedicates time and attention. The dentist must know about child behavior techniques, growth and development. All these will help in your child getting the best possible dental care.
Parents should be involved in the treatment process and ensure that the clinic which has toys, colors, cartoons, etc.to keep them happy !
In this way , parents can ensure that the Dental visit is an enjoyable one and now a harrowing visit !
For more consultation and answers visit a Partha Dental Clinic near you, especially in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana !
A toothless smile of a baby is really priceless but so is a perfect smile full of shining teeth !
As dentists we know that ypur child’s smile lights up your world in a way you never knew was possible. To ensure that their teeth and gums remain healthy throughout the years, they need to practice proper oral hygiene and visit the dentist twice a year.
But when does this process start? And at what age should you begin brushing their teeth? Partha specializes in pediatric dentistry and today we are here to give the answers to how to make sure your kids teeth are healthy , as well as how to brush them properly and when they should first see the dentist.
When Should I Start Brushing My Baby’s Teeth?
Fortunately, the answer to this question is simple. Start brushing as soon as your child’s first tooth emerges, you should make sure you use a soft brush and fluoride based toothpaste for it . Typically, this happens around six months and more . However, it is normal for it to happen as early as four months and as late as 12 months.
How Do I Brush Them Properly?
After their first tooth emerges, it is important to transition from the silicone fingertip brush to a soft-bristle toothbrush designed with their teeth in mind. To ensure their teeth (or tooth) gets the proper cleaning it needs, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that you:
- Brush their teeth twice a day with a baby toothbrush that has a suitable grip for your hand.
- Squeeze a grain of rice sized amount of toothpaste onto their brush. (Some parents don’t feel comfortable opting for one with fluoride in it, so make sure to read the label).
- Gently brush the front, back, and side of each tooth to remove food particles.
- If possible, clean their tongue as well.
- Replace the toothbrush regularly. (When the bristles become worn, it is a good sign your child needs a new one.
At What Age Should I Take Them to the Dentist?
To ensure your child’s teeth are healthy, progressing properly, and free from dental issues, it is crucial to start their routine visits to the dentist at a young age. Not only will this protect their smile, but it will also avoid dental phobia and enforce good oral habits early on. Therefore, dentists recommend bringing them in for their initial visit around their first birthday or within six months of their first tooth emerging.
To protect your child from tooth decay, cavities, and other dental damage, make sure to prioritize their oral care from their first tooth to their last molars. That way, you can have peace of mind knowing their teeth and gums are in pristine condition throughout all the transitions their smile goes through and they always flash that perfect little smile that melts your heart!
For an early consultation contact Partha Dental closest to you !